Who Am I? (September/October 2013)Sep 13th, 2013 • Category: Activities
By RYEN OLIVIA BABBS, age 8
- I was born on July 18,1918.
- I helped form the African National Congress Youth League in 1944.
- I was put in prison for 27 years for fighting the apartheid regime, a system of racial segregation imposed by law.
- In February of 1990, when I was 71 years old, I was released from prison.
- At 75 years old, I was the first South African black man to be elected president.
- I won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993.
Scroll down for answer.
ANSWER: Nelson Mandela
What new ideas does the article discuss? What did you learn that you did not know before? Why is this article interesting? How does this article make you feel? REMINDER: Please use complete sentences to clarify your ideas!